Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [OT] My personal life, was Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

Re: [VV] Vectorverse - Jump Drives

From: "Flak Magnet (Tim)" <flakmagnet@c...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:30:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [VV] Vectorverse - Jump Drives

On Saturday 29 January 2005 12:59 am, Rrok Anroll wrote:
> Okay... I think I'm missing something here.... it seems like everyone
> is treating wormholes as the top of the line FTL, and jumpdrives as
the
> poor man's ftl??? I'd have thought that being able to fit an ftl drive
> in a ship instead of having to rely on some external device or some
> naturally occuring phenomina would be the top of the line?

FTL drives might be the top of the line for the technology but they
require a
greater investment (than wormholes) in resources, energy for each jump
and
time for the transit.

Wormholes tend to be treated as "top of the line" since the PSB
"typically"
has wormhole drives being cheaper, easier to produce and delivering a
quicker
transit with a smaller energy output.

I haven't been paying close attention the Vectorverse discussion (until
recently), but for the PSB being discussed, it's a matter of perspective
 --
Any nation is going to want BOTH.  Wormholes for the sake of the
economy, FTL

--
--Flak Magnet
"If you don't think life is interesting

Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [OT] My personal life, was Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets