Prev: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse - Jump Drives

Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:32:07 +0000
Subject: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:28:32AM -0500, Laserlight wrote:

>I'm wondering if perhaps it would be better to have only two modes of
>FTL?

If the setting is large enough it shouldn't be a major problem - most
conflicts/meetings will still be A vs B.

I would suggest that FTL drives not be compatible with each other to a
large extent - perhaps they take up more than the "standard" 10%, so
having one is necessary but having two makes your ship too weak to fight
effectively. Otherwise, when the FTL Guys take over the Wormhole Empire,
they're suddenly _everywhere_...

Prev: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse - Jump Drives