Prev: RE: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [FH] Vectorverse was Re: NAC - American style

RE: [FH] Vectorverse

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:30:10 +1100
Subject: RE: [FH] Vectorverse

G'day,

As much as I'd love to put my hand up (this is the kind of thing I
really enjoy doing with sci-fi) I've just got back to work and the flood
gates have already come crashing open, so I'm unlikely to have enough
free time to participate sadly. I'd be happy to be in on brain storming,
but I doubt I'd be a good choice for detail filling in sorry.

> political philosophies - Nazis/Commies/Revolutionary Frenchmen In
> Space have all been more or less done.

As has been demonstrated recently on the sfconsim list and in some of
the good scifi fiction I've read you can use historical stuff (or a mix
from a few nations) repaint well and get a very new twist and a nice
nation. As a result I wouldn't through out historical inspiration
wholesale, but I agree you shouldn't rehash old stereotypes.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [FH] Vectorverse was Re: NAC - American style