Prev: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [FH] Vectorverse was Re: NAC - American style

RE: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:22:48 +0100
Subject: RE: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

Richard Kirke wrote:

>I am assuming that, since GMS systems are unlikely to be designed to
shoot
>at disperesed infantry targets (givent that this would be expensive to
>design and that it would be an exceedingly expensive single bullet to
take
>out 1 man) the GMS would be being fired without guidance it is down to
the
>inate ability of the rocket to be used unguided (low fire-power) and
the
>skill of the opperator (quality die) that I would use to resolve the
fire
>combat.

You pretty much have to use the guidance. Very few missiles leave the
launch tube with enough speed to fly more than a few meters before
flopping
into the ground, and even fewer are stable enough to stay on course when

the trajectory engine kicks in unless the guidance is already engaged.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [FH] Vectorverse was Re: NAC - American style