Prev: Re: [FH] Pirates Next: RE: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

From: "Paul M. M. Jacobus" <paul@o...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:02:26 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

> The sci-fi series "Firefly" also is "Earth go BOOM".	On the show, it
is
> refered to as "the Earth that was".
> Also "Titan AE"  The Earth gets it right at the begining of the
picture.

A bit off-topic, but one of my favorite post-Earth sci-fi backgrounds
was
in the Warzone RPG/TTG.

For years, all we knew about Earth, the "Dark Eden," was that humanity
left there to colonize the rest of the solar system, and no one went
there
anymore. No one. As the backstory unfolded, we found out that the
Earth's
environment was so poisoned by humanity's industrialization, and the
natural resources were so depleted, that the Earth could no longer
support
human life. The megacorporations that pretty much ran everything built
vast arks to carry their employees and their families to colonies on
other
planets... and left everyone else there on the dying planet. Eventually,
our heroes have to go back down to Earth to prevent a cataclysm on the
moon (in and of itself a great story.) The few survivors are the
descendents of the people that learned to adapt to the horrific
environment one way or another.

-P.

--

Prev: Re: [FH] Pirates Next: RE: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets