Prev: Re: Can anyone identify these badges? Next: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

From: Charles Lee <xarcht@y...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:15:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

The original definition of distroyer, frigate, cruiser and fleet ship is
the lay out and weapon load out verses mass. Each was rigged for a duty
as the fleet ship was general duty and most handicapped of the admiralty
approved loads.

"laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:>I *would* like
to see an alternate universe/history developed and

DonH said:
>This I would like to see also. Sounds like you have the gem of a good
idea.
>Should we start developing this? See who jumps on-board? Anyone?
>How about some initial ideas?
> Maybe use existing ship minis for some of the ships...

Definitely use existing GZG minis.

> Maybe assign some technologies to specific nations....
> Maybe start each nation out with a simple
Escort/Destroyer/Cruiser/Battleship fleet model...

I'm not entirely happy with the mass categories in the GZGverse. I'd
prefer something like Mass 20 missile boat, Mass 40 DD, Mass 120
Cruiser,
Mass 300 Battleship, Mass 600 Superbattleship...that may be a little too
steep a curve, but it's analogous to WW2 ship displacements.

Prev: Re: Can anyone identify these badges? Next: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets