Prev: RE: Armour and Cover Answer: Next: RE: Armour and Cover Answer:

Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover

From: Adrian Johnson <adrian@s...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:12:04 -0500
Subject: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover

I posted this a few days back but didn't see it appear in the list
digest:

-----------------------

>I remember it being a closed shift, but I couldn't find anything in the

stargrunt.ca faq to back me up.

Hi folks,

>From the stargrunt.ca errata page at:
http://www.stargrunt.ca/ref_info/sgca_sg2errata/sg2_errata.htm

"From Jon Tuffley via Robin Lee Powell:

<snip>

Page 13, near the top left, says that being in cover modifies the armour
die. The summary on page 36 says that no modifiers should be applied to
the
armour roll. Page 13 is correct. This has a substantial effect on the
affects of cover.

<snip>

Page 6, paragraph 8 makes a reference to page 38, but no such remark
(about
open shifts in an armour/impact roll) is made on page 38. Such a comment
is
made on page 13 (right column, paragraph 4). The author's verdict is
that
the armour/impact roll is an open shift for vehicle hits as well as
infantry. Combined with the above about cover, the armour vs. impact
roll
for infantry takes on a very different flavour. "

I hope that helps.

-Adrian

Prev: RE: Armour and Cover Answer: Next: RE: Armour and Cover Answer: