Prev: Re: NI stuff Next: Re: NI stuff

Re: NI stuff

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:05:55 +0000
Subject: Re: NI stuff

On Monday 03 January 2005 05:07, Star Ranger wrote:
> Steve, I'm pretty sure you are correct.  Even though a d6 next to the
stand
> works, they tend to get knocked over so a set of 6 boxes is a nice way
> keep track of fighters.

I use a single fighter model on a hexagonal base. Glued to the base are
two dry wipe cards, one with boxes for number of fighters, the other
with circles for endurance. When a fighter group takes losses, I just
mark the card. At the end of the battle, the marks can be wiped clean.

When you've got dozens of fighter groups, it makes it much easier
having the information with the group, rather than trying to find the
ship the group came from (which also requires some sort of ID system
to be worked out - those icons on the ship diagrams also need a place
to write the fighter group ID).

I used to use pins, but that was too fiddly:
http://www.glendale.org.uk/ft/photos/1997/stuttgart.jpg

--
Be seeing you,				   http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.					jabber: samuel.penn@jabber.org