Prev: RE: hey all, just a quick question on area defense fire control.. ... Next: Re: [CON] ECC VIII

RE: hey all, just a quick question on area defense fire control.. ...

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:38:23 +0100
Subject: RE: hey all, just a quick question on area defense fire control.. ...

Thomas Westbrook wrote:

>It shouldn't matter the number of ADFCs that a ship has greater than
the
>first.
>IMO,ALL SHIPS in the covering distance of the ship with the ADFC are
>covered ie. a AAA cruiser with one AFDC and Six PDS can cover an
infinite
>number of ships within the pds umbrella,

If your group prefers that as a house rule, that's fine - but you should
be
aware that it *is* a house rule, and that the published rules explicitly

say something else.

>  but is limted to six PDS bursts because the cruiser only has six
> PDSs.  We played this before and beign there is no clear rule in the
> "rulebook", that is what we use.

Unclear? The rule (FB1 p.7) says:

"One ADFC allows the ship's PDS (any number of them) to fire at any
combination of threats (Fighters, SMBs etc.) that are directly attacking

one other ship that is within 6" of the ADFC-carrying ship."

Exactly which part of "one other ship" is it you find so unclear that
you
interpret it as "an infinite number of other ships"?

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: RE: hey all, just a quick question on area defense fire control.. ... Next: Re: [CON] ECC VIII