Prev: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed SSDs Next: Re: [FT] Naming Islamic Fed ships (was Re: [FT] Islamic Fed SSDs)

Re: [FT] Islamic Fed SSDs

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:19:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed SSDs

>The list I have (including unofficial names in parens) [and meanings
>in brackets] is:
>ash Shaulah SB   [sting of the scorpion]
>Khabar CT	   [don't know--may be an island]
>Hawar FF	    [don't know]
>Saladin DD	    [Islamic conquerors]
>(Dimashq?) CL	  [cities]
>(Sahaabah) CP	  [companioins of the Prophet]
>(Hattin) CH	    [Muslim victories]
>Sword of Islam (Saif ed Din) BB [Sword of the Faith]
>(Jibrail?) BC	      [angels]
>(Arabiyah) SDN    [provinces/nations]
>(Madinah) CVA	  [major cities]

>Just a note: there isn't actually a BC mini yet (when I do one, it'll
be FT1009). There IS already a 1011, which is a BDN/BBH
(Battledreadnought or Heavy battleship, depending on which
nomenclature you prefer).

er...it's a battlecruiser in IFN nomenclature?	(as I recall, WWI Brit
BCs
were bigger than some of the battleships).  Not convincing enough, I
take
it?  Okay, make it a BDN.

>The BC and CVL are the only "missing" classes compared with the other
full fleets. And yes, I'll do them when I get the chance.  ;-)

Okay, let's save "Dimashq" for the CVL, use "Ashif" ("bold") for the CL,
and...hm...if we use the names of angels for the BDNs, then we still
need a
name for the BCs.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed SSDs Next: Re: [FT] Naming Islamic Fed ships (was Re: [FT] Islamic Fed SSDs)