Prev: RE: [FT] Debris Reef Harbour [LONG] Next: RE: [FT] Debris Reef Harbour [LONG]

RE: [FT] Debris Reef Harbour [LONG]

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:33:55 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] Debris Reef Harbour [LONG]

Well, your first post regarding the transport cost did have the word
"prohibitive" in it... :)

[QUOTE]
Not sure if your intending that it has to be 'all of the above', but I
would, as it seems to me that it would take a heck of a lot of
transport,
as in prohibitive, to move that much material any appreciable distance.
Remember, in reality, you're talking about a sphere, though the spirals
are
in two dimensions.
[QUOTE]

My argument was that it's not prohibitive, as long as you have the time.
And that the distance factor was moot since your only real energy cost
is starting the stuff moving and stopping it at the end, not how far it
travels.

Now if you needed this up in a year or something, then the transport
cost probably would be prohibitive.

--Binhan