Prev: Re: [GZG-OLC] The New New Isreali Ships & Pics have been added. [and] Dirtside II scenarios for your perusal Next: [FT] NI fleet design questions

RE: Possible New Minor Power - major upgrade (LONG)

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:32:51 -0400
Subject: RE: Possible New Minor Power - major upgrade (LONG)

John Brewer said:
>I know Cherubim are more highly ranked than Archangels, but it's a
matter of "Que est mas macho?" - The Archangel Gabriel, who blows the
horn that signals The End of Days, or a little naked baby with wings
that signals that Valentine's Day is nigh?

Yeah.  CS Lewis pointed out that in Renaissance and later paintings,
angels
tend to look like chubby kids or skinnny teenage girls; in Biblical
accounts, people who met angels usually collapsed in terror.  (OTOH, I
don't recall a verse that states that angels have ranks other than
"angel"
and "archangel").  I tend to spell it "kherubim", and ISTR that they
looked
like winged lions...

http://mail2web.com/ .