Prev: Re: Organic Space ships Next: Re: X-Prize Screen captures!

RE: Organic Space ships

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:50:03 -0500
Subject: RE: Organic Space ships

Thomas W. wrote
> AOG, according to their home page, is out of business as of Nov 1
2002.
> They have re-opened as Mongoose publishing.  They are offering most
> of the same B5 product line.

AOG did close on that date, but Bruce Graw, formerly of AOG personally
bought back a lot of stock from distributors and is selling it out of
the
old AOG web store since it was already up and running, so you can get
minis
from there.

Bruce is also working for Mongoose Publishing (casting minis and writing
books) but they are not a 're-opened AOG' as they were around before AOG
closed plus they are UK based.	Mongoose is selling B5 ship minis made
from
the old AOG masters but they will be selling the larger B5 Wars scale
ships
and then Fleet Action scale fighters only.  The have no plans to
reproduce
the smaller Fleet Action scale ships (so you have to buy them from Bruce
or
ebay)

Beth wrote:
> G'day Dean,
> > Hopefully one of those ranges are what you have in mind.
> Has anyone told you how helpful you are? My wallet is gonna hate you
but I
could hug you!!! ;)

Thanks, it was no problem getting that list together. I had done a poll
on
my website about bioships so I pulled the list from there then it took a
few
minutes of web surfing to get the links.

Alan Brain wrote:
> Also the OOP GW ones, from Space Fleet:
> http://zappa.brainiac.com/spaceship/spaceship8.html#spacefleetmini

If you can find them ;-)

Allan Goodall wrote:
> Although Dean has a pretty extensive list, I always thought the
Valiant
> alien ships looked sort of organic, kind of like a mixture of organic
and
> metal. I don't know if that's what you're looking for or not.

http://www.veltd.net/stardate.htm (cause I thought you all would like a
look
at them too)

Nice ships that could be classified Techno-Organic along with the
Minbari.

I still have plans to make some bioship miniatures someday using the
squishy
plastic used in worms for fishing.  Someday when I find the time......

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: Organic Space ships Next: Re: X-Prize Screen captures!