Prev: Re: new assault rifle was: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

RE: Tech Levels and Quality on the SGII end

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:44:21 +1000
Subject: RE: Tech Levels and Quality on the SGII end

More things inline:

Reloading times (Re-Org action - Q vs Leadership):
Ballista: 2 actions (minimum 3 crew)
Catapult: 3 actions (minimum 4 crew)
Trebuchet: 4 actions (minimum 5 crew)

Makes it useful to transfer actions (using a whip of course).

> Bolt Action Rifles: FP 1, impact d8
> Automatic rifles: FP 2, impact d8
> Kinetic SAW: FP d8, Impact d8
> LAW: FP d6, Impact d10*
> Laser rifles: FP2, Impact d10
> Laser SAW: FP d8, Impact d10
> Plasma Carbines: FP 2, Impact d12
> Plasma SAW: FP d10, Impact d12
>
> ***These are good as is , my thanks.

Forgot to add in aux grenade lauchers: +1 FP

> Psion blast: FP d6, Impact d6*
> ***Treat as chemical grenade/mortar.
>
> Light medieval armor: d6
> light modern armor/heavy medieval armor: d8
> light PA/heavy modern armor: d10
> heavy PA: d12
>
> ***Also good as is.....)
>
> Close Quarters Battle:
> For each step difference in armor die, the higher combatant
> gets a +1 die
> shift to their Q-die during resolution.  Apply shifts for
> melee weapons and
> flamers as normal in addition to this.
> eg. a Yellow peasant in light medieval armor (d6) and pike
> faces off against
> a Blue soldier in heavy modern armor (d10); the soldier gets
> a +2 die shift
> in close combat for higher tech level, but the peasant gets a
> +1 for having
> a melee weapon.  The soldier ends on a d12 and the peasant a d6; still
> possible for the peasant to get lucky.
>
> Brendan I like what you came up with here, and on such short
> notice lol.
> A further campaign constraint will be that every nation/noble
> house will
> start off with the same percentage of high and low tech classed troops
> available to them. Will force their hands somewhat........)

I have my moments of inspiration. :-)

Using the armor die difference as an open shift takes into account how
nasty
close combat can be without good armor or melee weapons.  A high tech
trooper (Blue) in no armor (d4) carrying a rifle is going to be in
trouble
against a noble (Orange) in full plate (d8) wielding a greatsword IF the
noble can get into range [1d6 vs 1d12].  Even against a squad of 4, the
noble has a good chance [4d8 vs 1d8 due to shifts].

Hmmm, I can see it now.
The young nobles' sons dressed in their full plate wielding Greek Fire
Throwers (flamers) charging forward behind their living shield of
crossbow
wielding peasants in modern combat armor supported by the only working
grav
tank (with laser cannon) on the continent.
Across the field the WWI era regular soldiers load their bolt action
rifles
and plasma SAWs and brace in the trenches as rock-throwing trebuchets
attempt to shoot down the grav tank.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT: Notice to be read with this E-mail
1. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.

2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information for the use of the intended recipient.

3. If you are not the intended recipient, please: contact the sender
by return e-mail, to notify the misdirection; do not copy, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail; and delete and
destroy all copies of this e-mail.

4. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not a statement of Australian Government policy unless otherwise stated.

5. Any electronic address published in this message is not to be taken
as a
conspicuous publication of that electronic address.
The Department of Veterans' Affairs does not consent to the receipt of
"commercial electronic messages" as that term is defined in the Spam Act
2003.

6. If you do not wish to receive further emails of this type from the
Department of Veterans' Affairs, please forward your reply to this
message
to feedback@dva.gov.au with 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line.

7.  Finally, please do not remove this notice, so that any
other readers are aware of these restrictions.