Prev: RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: RE: Tech Levels and Quality on the SGII end

Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:40:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

At 10:12 PM -0700 9/26/04, Don M wrote:
>What on Earth are you smoking?  Please read a non-comic-book history
>of the Vietnam War before talking with the grownups.
>
>John
>
>News to me, I've read that the VC ceased being a combat effective
>force after Tet and had to be increasing replaced by NVA regulars.

That's exactly what I've read and seen of every
historical show, book or analysis of the Tet
Offensive. The VC insurgents were effectively
destroyed by Tet and every single event. They
scored a political win with their breaching of
the Embassy Compound but even then managed to not
make any serious gains and were surrounded. Their
efforts during Tet did not accomplish the main
tactical or strategic goals they intended (ie a
populist uprising against the US and the RVN
government). This is what John and I have
espoused but Charles Lee is stating the opposite.
God, I hope that's not whats being tought now
days in the Public Schools. Because if it is, I
fear what they're teaching about WWII.

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: RE: Tech Levels and Quality on the SGII end