Prev: Re: [FT] 3arc B1 and PDS Next: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

Re: [FT] 3arc B1 and PDS

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:12:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] 3arc B1 and PDS

Charles Lee schrieb:
>I assume missles are generaly forward fired if symbol faces forward.
Fighters always launch oo to the fore of the carrier.

Well, the discussion is on the arc where they are supposed to hit the
target, to relate to the target's PDS capability.

Yours seems a useful assumption in the case of SML's, I suppose, but do
the
missiles actually 'launch' from the point they are deployed? *shrug*

Fighters and multi-turn missiles are a bit of a different case. Fighters
aren't even necessarily moving in a direct line, if you assume their
difficulty to be hit can be attributed to evasive actions.

Chris:
>You're missing that it's not physically possible for a weapon to have
>full-sphere coverage (unless you can shoot thru your own ship).

True, but I've tended to think of 360x360 weapons to be covered by
undetermined PBS: small enough to extend/swivel, single generator with
multiple emitters, gift of higher beings...

It's all FM.

>(And since I'm also working on FMA Sheep, you should be *grateful* that
>you're not reading my mind).

Prolly, but it would make up, in small fashion, for the fact that I
won't
be there to see it unveiled. Think of the periods of 'I know what you're
going to face...' smugness every time someone mentions ECC. ;->=

'The horror, the horror...'

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] 3arc B1 and PDS Next: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)