Prev: Re: [SG2] Heroic SG Next: Re: [SG2] Heroic SG

Re: [SG2] Heroic SG

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:00:24 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG2] Heroic SG

Games Workshop's Lord of the Rings (no, no don't turn away in disgust,
bear with me ...) gives the heroes in the game a number of points with
which they can affect events in the game by modifying dice rolls in
their favour. One point of Might (as it is called) can add or subtract
one point from a roll (which are all d6) and is a finite resource - once

it's gone, it's gone for good (with one or two special exceptions). A
hero can use as many points as he wants (up to his maximum) on a single
roll if it is important enough. This gives the heroes distinct
advantages without making them all powerful and does work very well
IMHO. Characters typically have between one and three points.

They also have special abilities which are handy but again not overly
powerful (Legolas can fire three arrows in one turn, Aragorn regenerates

one point of Might every turn, Rohirrim are less likely to fall off
their horses).