Prev: Got back from GENCON Next: Re: [OT] 15mm Paper APC

Re: [OT] 15mm Paper APC

From: "Germy" <germ@g...>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:11:08 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] 15mm Paper APC

> A big hatch on the back for the troops, I take it?

Yes there is a big door on the back and two side hatches.

> I fear it looks a bit too "turreted" - that angle at the base of the
> upper front corner slope says "shot trap" to me, and similarly the
> grooves along the sides. I'm assuming you're using the same base unit
as
> on the light tank? Would it be possible to conform the footprint of
the
> upper part to match the top of the base unit more closely?
> Roger

Well in a way I was going for a turreted look for all of the vehicles.
Sort
of hull perched on hover skirt look.
Admitedly that does give it a shot trap as you put it.
I'm inclined to call that a design flaw :)
Like when ever I watch tank programmes and they talk about weak spots!
But I might have a look at the APC with no overhang to the hover skirt.
The base unit is in fact the medium hull. I made three in total. Small
medium and large.

Jeremey
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Got back from GENCON Next: Re: [OT] 15mm Paper APC