Prev: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands' Next: Re: [OT] Traveller - Snapshot charts

Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:20:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

In message <4120C6B9.4040802@brigademodels.co.uk>, Tony Francis writes:

> The air pockets are inevitable in resin castings (unless you have the
> super-expensive casting kit of outfits like Forge World) but I think
> ours are kept to an acceptable minimum.

What super-expensive casting kit does Forge World have?  The most
elaborate resin casting setups I've seen use large pressure pots, but
those aren't really that expensive, much cheaper than a new spin
caster.  Are they using spin casters?  I've heard of people doing that
with resin, but have never seen a specific example.

Prev: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands' Next: Re: [OT] Traveller - Snapshot charts