Prev: Re: 2 Weeks to GenCon Indianapolis Next: Re: Would like FeedBack on these 2 FT systems

Re: 2 Weeks to GenCon Indianapolis

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 11:08:22 +0100
Subject: Re: 2 Weeks to GenCon Indianapolis

On Friday 06 August 2004 22:55, Dean Gundberg wrote:

> > I heard from one of my RPG players that Mongoose has decided to make
> > figures compatible with AoG's large ships. Any idea if they are
going to
> > do a Fleet Action scale of ships? I always found AoG's ships to be
way
> > too big (which is why I ended up selling my collection).
>
> Mongoose likes the look of the full size minis, thus they are using
the old
> B5 Wars masters to make their miniatures.  It does save a lot of time
and
> scuplting costs.  FA fighters will be used but the FA scale ships are
not
> in their plans.  I don't expect to bring out a competing scale.

Damn. The FA scale ones are a lot more portable, a lot cheaper[1],
and easier to paint.

[1] I'd much rather spend £10 on 4 small models than £10 on a
single larger version of the same.

--
Be seeing you,				   http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.					jabber: samuel.penn@jabber.org

Prev: Re: 2 Weeks to GenCon Indianapolis Next: Re: Would like FeedBack on these 2 FT systems