Prev: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread... Next: Asymmetry was: Well, too interesting

Re: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@w...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:44:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games

On 26 Jul 2004 at 16:55, "Robertson, Brendan"
<Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:

> Firing missiles as a separate action is more a play-balance issue than
> realism.  I actually like the separate fire actions (and run my GMS/L
> missile teams in pairs), as if the first shot kills the target, the
second
> shot can be used elsewhere or the unit can dig in.

I don't like the fact that a squad can fire IAVRs at a vehicle and then
run away, a missile team can fire a missile at a vehicle and then run
away, but a squad with a missile team and IAVRs can't fire missiles and
IAVRs at a vehicle and then run away. But that's maybe just me.

---

Allan Goodall	    http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@att.net   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Depression is just anger without enthusiasm.

Prev: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread... Next: Asymmetry was: Well, too interesting