Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: [OT] Defense of the provinces... Re: [OT] I need a reality check

Re: Decommission troops

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:50:49 EDT
Subject: Re: Decommission troops

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 07:51:46 PDT
From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com>
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #2109

Power?	I think I understand this to mean no uber weapons (in cyberware
terms of course this still leaves lots of nasty surprises)?>>

I'm not sure I would allow for unlimited power (IE Built in weapon
systrems),
but U could have High Str, reflexes, built in Combat Computers.  Or much
the
like teh "staple" Cyberpunk runners.

>Maybe a few old Space Marines, retire to a small village after a long
>service
>life.	Still have some of their cyberwear, andthen bandit/pirates
>invade.
>Sounds like interesting urban warfare, especial if teh locals don't
>know of the
>cyberwear.

Bring lots of bandits... >>

Oh I figure any less then 10 to 1 ex-marine, would be to few.  :-)

<snip>
>But I have to admit I wouldn't mind seeing rules for Cyberwear in SG,
>or when
>it is publish FMA.

Well, it sounds cool but it creates a lot of potential balance problems.

We have under costed items in DS 2 when things run to about what 7 to 8
systems (HVC, RFAC, HEL, MDC, HKP, DFFG, SLAM, GMS)  it would require a
lot of play testing to 'cost out' the cyberware stuff especially at
lower
levels where one uber character could really affect balance.  YMMV.

I agree that it will need to balanced, not real sure that at DS level
Cyberwear, would be effective, well but for vehicle crews are fully
interfaced with
their fighting vehicles.  And where I do have SG but have yet to play,
I'm not
sure what it would take to see balancing in it.  But I wouldn't mind
seeing
it.

Have a Good One,

DOC Agren

     (Lurker on the Digest)

Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: [OT] Defense of the provinces... Re: [OT] I need a reality check