Prev: Military versus civilian physicians was Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: [SG 2} AGLs

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:49:48 PDT
Subject: Re: [SG 2} AGLs

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:47:10 -0400 "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
writes:
>> I am looking to put a wrinkle in one TO&E for my Cotu games and I
>was
>> wondering if anyone else was using the AGL in a Squad as a support
>> weapon.
>
>Islamic Fed Regular Infantry Squad:
>Full Strength 11 men
>Armor d6 Mobility d6 Sensors d6
>9 Rifles (FP2 d10), SAW, AGL, 6 IAVRs

How do you run the two support weapons issue?

Third die roll?  Other mechanic?

I was thinking of taking the three squads and assigning one a SAW, one a
AGL and one a(n) IPG/PIG as support.  They are APC mounted so there is
an
APSW on the APCs.  Until it goes boom.

>> Since it's a Support Weapon (beside the SAWs, IAVR and IPG)
>> instead of a Heavy Weapon  I had assumed it was a one man weapon
>
>An AGL is a support weapon, a support weapon is by definition a
>one-man weapon, therefore you are correct.
>Current AGLs would be Heavy Weapons, size 1 or possibly 2.  There was
>a discussion on the GZG-List about this in late October through late
>November 2003.

Ah, archive time!  When the good computer gets back.  This old one can't
seem to load sign on pages and anything that requires time/memory (like
searches of large files)  freezes after about a half hour if not sooner.

Strangely it can sometimes find individual messages in the archives if
the it's specific enough labeled.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Military versus civilian physicians was Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class