Prev: Full Thrust "House Rules", was Re: [FT] Kravak weaponry Next: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort

Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@w...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:29:39 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort

On 22 Jul 2004 at 6:12, The GZG Digest wrote:

> The author was William Hope Hodgson and his Carnacki stories are
> available online, as part of an installment of the Forgotten Futures
RPG:
> http://www.forgottenfutures.com/game/ff4/

I had a spelling mistake in my last message. I said his name was
"Hogson". This is wrong. You are correct, his last name is Hodgson.

The Forgotten Futures site that you list has his Carnacki stories.
Hodgson's novels can be found on the Project Gutenberg site:

http://www.gutenberg.net/browse/authors/h

Scroll down about 3/5 of the way down the page.

I'm not sure the Forgotten Futures site should have his last three
stories online. They were published in 1947 or 1948. Originally the
first
would have gone into the public domain in 1975 and 1976, respectively.
If
they were not reprinted in those years, they were not renewed and are in

the public domain. If they were printed, they are still covered by
copyright.

In other words, read 'em while you can!

In the "pedantic correction department", I made a mistake earlier with
regard to Lovecraft's copyrights. His stores that were first published
in
1923 go into the public domain in 2018. For some reason I thought his
first stories were published in 1921, but if that were the case they'd
already be in the public domain.

---

Allan Goodall	    http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@att.net   agoodall@hyperbear.com

"How can I work with all you peasants kneeling and mumbling?"
  - Michelangelo, while painting the Sistine Chapel (as interpreted
    by Animaniacs)

Prev: Full Thrust "House Rules", was Re: [FT] Kravak weaponry Next: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort