Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort

Full Thrust "House Rules", was Re: [FT] Kravak weaponry

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:28:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Full Thrust "House Rules", was Re: [FT] Kravak weaponry

--- Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:
> >I think I'm giving up on Full Thrust.
>
> To be replaced with...?

Well, I'm going to keep playing Full Thrust, but I'll
turn it into a drinking game.

Force selection: You drink once for each escort, twice
for each cruiser, and 3 times for each capital.  Then
you argue about whether a Mass 104 ship is a big
cruiser or a small capital ship.  Do a shot for each
ship between 89-110 mass in your force.

Then you decide which house rules to use.  Each person
prints off an OO post analyzing any house rule he
wants to introduce.  You take one drink for each whole
number, 2 for each number with a decimal point.  You
do a shot for each chart, and two shots each time he
shows his work.  If you can still understand the rule
you can use it.

Then you argue about whether to use vector or
cinematic--unless you both want the same movment
system, race each other with a properly strong beer
(Guiness is preferred) to determine.

By this point, depending on the number of house rules
you are using, you may not CARE.  If this is the case,
continue drinking until there is no alcohol remaining
in the house.

If you are using straight book rules, set up your
force.	Take a drink for each carrier you have hanging
in the corner not moving.  Take a drink for each
escort within an inch of a capital ship trying to fly
into salvo missles for you.

During the game take drinks if:
You roll all 1s.
You roll more than 4 6s in any salvo.
You have to reroll any dice twice or more.
You hit with 2 or more pulse torpedos or large (K3+)
guns.
You fire a salvo of 4 or more weapons that would
destroy your target, but they ALL miss.
You loose a ship.
You destroy a ship.
You miscalculate your vector and unintentionally shoot
off the map.
The only ship in your arc is an escort that will go
away if you fire 1/4 of your full salvo at it.
Your fighters dogfight and inflict more casualties
than they take.

Do a shot if:
You have enemy cruiser or larger within 12" in your
rear arc.
You are within 12" of the enemy and pointed the wrong
direction to shoot at them (cruiser and larger).
Your carriers sitting in the corner get a flyby from
the enemy anyway.
Your fighters and the enemy fighters eliminate each
other (less than 6 surviving fighters on either side).
Your enemy plots his missle fire so well that the
banzai jammers are further away than the capital ships
are.
You loose a ship to core system damage.

Any more suggestions?

John

Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort