Prev: RE: SG-1 in SG2 Next: RE: SG-1 in SG2

RE: SG-1 in SG2

From: matt tope <mptope@o...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:41:38 +0100
Subject: RE: SG-1 in SG2

Ryan Gill wrote:

 >I'm waiting on a cross gate weapon adaptation of a SideArm for use
against death gliders. Basically a Malp mounted radar that rolls through

the gate and designates >nearby ground and aerial targets for a launcher

on the other side of the gate. The computers on the SGC side handle the
hard number crunching and the Missles are >launched through the gate
room at anything that's flying or in LOS of the Malp. Kind of a through
the wormhole Aegis, but on a smaller scale. Off axis sidewinder
 >missiles would make that possible, so would an AMMRAM based system,
both have been either modified or checked out for ground launched use,
on the former has >been deployed however.

If they still have that second gate (I'm a bit behind on the series)
couldn't they hang it horizontally from some chinooks and hover the
whole array over the forward missile cells on the USS Ticonderoga? :-P

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: RE: SG-1 in SG2 Next: RE: SG-1 in SG2