Prev: Re: SG-1 in SG2 Next: Re: Phalons in scale sizes?

RE: SG-1 in SG2

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:54:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: SG-1 in SG2

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 12:13 AM -0700 7/15/04, J L Hilal wrote:
> >--- "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:

> And the fact the weapons have crap for sights.  Oh, and they use
horns
> for communications so their ability to activate other squads sucks
> too.	Though on reflection, rather than going on 1st range band make
> their range bands short.  Spiffy users like Bretak, Teal'c and others

> would be able to fire the longer range shots, but the PBJ (Poor
> Bloody Jaffa) would be more restricted to the lower range bands for
> effective fire.  Bretak and Teal'c being Red 1s the both. Most Jaffa
> being Blues.	Horus/Serpent Guard, etc being Orange 2s.
>
> Seems to me in a SG-1 Type situation, you'd run each fig with his/her
> own command marker. Most being Reds and Oranges.

Which sounds like a skirmish game.  I think I already said that we did
NOT want such a game.  And that we were specifically NOT trying to
duplicate the show-as-produced, but rather have a game with a good
number of figures on each side without requiring one side to have a
huge numerical advantage in order to have any chance of winning, and
that our solution was to give more reasonable capabilities to the Jaffa
and raise them from their Keystone Cop-ness.

Prev: Re: SG-1 in SG2 Next: Re: Phalons in scale sizes?