Prev: Re: SG-1 in SG2 Next: Re: SG-1 in SG2

RE: SG-1 in SG2

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:03:03 -0400
Subject: RE: SG-1 in SG2

At 12:13 AM -0700 7/15/04, J L Hilal wrote:
>--- "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:
>>  Still doesn't help with the Close Only vs Rifle question;
>
>Actually there are more than 2 options.
>1) regular small arms rules
>2) ranged fire in 1st range band only
>3) Close Quarters Battle only (CQB)
>
>and in the initial post I added carbines (M4)
>4) as regular small arms but increase range die by 2 die types instead
>of 1 per range band
>

>>  however if only Stargate related forces are involved, they can use
>the
>>  same scale for weapons.
>
>The problem is that I said we are going to use regular weapons types
>instead of SMGs for our games, while Mr Gill is saying that jaffa
>should be restricted to 1st RB like SMGs based on on-screed depictions.

And the fact the weapons have crap for sights. Oh, and they use horns
for communications so their ability to activate other squads sucks
too. Though on reflection, rather than going on 1st range band make
their range bands short. Spiffy users like Bretak, Teal'c and others
would be able to fire the longer range shots, but the PBJ (Poor
Bloody Jaffa) would be more restricted to the lower range bands for
effective fire. Bretak and Teal'c being Red 1s the both. Most Jaffa
being Blues. Horus/Serpent Guard, etc being Orange 2s.

Seems to me in a SG-1 Type situation, you'd run each fig with his/her
own command marker. Most being Reds and Oranges.

-		  Data Center Operations Group		      -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		       One CNN Center SE0813 E -
- Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri	    (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)      -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	     e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com -
- Office: 404-588-6191					       -
-	      Emergency Power-off != Door release!	       -

Prev: Re: SG-1 in SG2 Next: Re: SG-1 in SG2