Prev: Selling some GZG SG figures Next: Re: [DS][SG]Ventaurans

[DS][SG]Ventaurans

From: "Christopher Downes-Ward" <Christopher_Downes-Ward@a...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:49:37 +0100
Subject: [DS][SG]Ventaurans

Ventaurans are offered in 25mm by Denizen
(http://www.denizenminiatures.co.uk/) and 1/300 by Adler (Dark Star) (
(http://home.clara.net/adlermin/scipages/ScienceFictionRangeb.htm ),
they are bipedal humanoids and when in full armour they can pass for
Human.

Everything else I know about them comes from the blurb on the back of a
printer catalogue I have, a summary of which is given below.

1. They have three grades of troops, Imperial Household, Clan and
Militia.
2. Officers are picked on the basis of noble rank not merit
3. Some clans are so hostile to one another that they have difficulty
working together even when faced with a common enemy (e.g. Humans)
4. The number 4 has a high mystical significance for them

So having finally got around to painting the company sized Dirtside
force I bought 2 years ago I want to develop some rules for them.

The differences between the grades of troops I will handle by a
combination of vehicle design and making sure that the household troops
have more veterans and the militia more greens.

The officer structure I will handle by making the not just the selection
but the assignment of leader values random and changing the replacement
roll as follows:

Household troops
1-2: Leader is one better
3-5: Leader is the same
6: Leader is one worse

Clan troops
1-2: Leader is one better
3-4: Leader is the same
5-6: Leader is one worse

Militia
1: Leader is one better
2-4: Leader is the same
5-6: Leader is one worse

The significance of the number 4 I will handle by the tables of
Organisation.

What I'm not sure about is handling the mutual hostility, I was
considering making a Ventauran force drawn from more than one clan
always activate first, though I'm not sure how much effect that would
have. I was also considering making a Ventauran unit from a different
clan to the overall commander make a reaction test at a threat level +1
in order to obey "this uppity outsider". Although what they would do of
the test failed I'm not sure, no matter how much they dislike their
commander I can't see them sitting in the open letting themselves get
shot at for example.

I haven't yet got around to thinking about how to model them in
StarGrunt, I have a platoon sized force already painted, complete with
vehicles which doubles up as a Zhodani unit (the vehicles are GZG Avrazh
grav APC's (SF25-39) which seem to have disappeared from the catalogue!)

Chris Downes-Ward

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com

Prev: Selling some GZG SG figures Next: Re: [DS][SG]Ventaurans