Prev: Re: FC and stealth was: Four years without thrust Next: GZG Colours

Re: FC and stealth was: Four years without thrust

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:19:27 +0200
Subject: Re: FC and stealth was: Four years without thrust

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
> >After all, if you have to concentrate several firecontrols on one
target
> >and/or for one weapon, you can't use them for something else.
>
> If you have to concentrate several fire controls on one target and/or
for
> one weapon, *ships with only a single operational fire control can't
fire
> at all*."
>
> Which, as Roger says, means that the mechanic makes multiple FCSs
vastly
> more valuable than they are now.

Yes, if you can't fire at all otherwise.

On the other hand, as far as I understood, the suggestion was to reduce
range bands per ECM level, so I suppose that a single FCS would allow
you to
fire at the shorter range. Certainly still should make a difference to
the
value.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: FC and stealth was: Four years without thrust Next: GZG Colours