Prev: RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE Next: RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE

Re: TOE

From: warbeads@j...
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 11:48:58 -0500
Subject: Re: TOE

I go away for two weeks and we get into combat engineer stuff?	It's a
conspiracy!

Oh well, somebody give me the archives URL and I will get to read it in
few weeks...

Gracias,
Glenn

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 08:28:27 -0700 (PDT) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:
>--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> I dunno. If it's designed in as a feature and the
>> hydraulic pump is large enough, adding an extra
>> hydraulic component isn't so hard. Look at the
>> Swedish S tank. They have a fully retractable
>> blade for digging their own scrapes sans engineer
>> support.
>
>If the S-tank is the one I'm thinking of, it has a
>hydraulic suspension.	So they have a tank and a pump
>and so forth, and lines running through the hull.
>Adding the doohickeys necessary to do a little
>spoil-pushing or some light earth moving ain't all
>that.	I know there are turret hydraulics in the
>Abrahms, I don't know how easy it would be to beef
>them up to also run a blade.  However, there are
>normally no hydraulics in the chassis, it's all
>turret.  So it would not be a trivial conversion.
>

>John
>Hydraulics Ranger
>Wolverine, AVLB, and ACE Qualified

>http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE Next: RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE