Prev: Re: I'm back Next: RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE

RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 08:28:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I dunno. If it's designed in as a feature and the
> hydraulic pump is large enough, adding an extra
> hydraulic component isn't so hard. Look at the
> Swedish S tank. They have a fully retractable
> blade for digging their own scrapes sans engineer
> support.

If the S-tank is the one I'm thinking of, it has a
hydraulic suspension.  So they have a tank and a pump
and so forth, and lines running through the hull.
Adding the doohickeys necessary to do a little
spoil-pushing or some light earth moving ain't all
that.  I know there are turret hydraulics in the
Abrahms, I don't know how easy it would be to beef
them up to also run a blade.  However, there are
normally no hydraulics in the chassis, it's all
turret.  So it would not be a trivial conversion.

John
Hydraulics Ranger
Wolverine, AVLB, and ACE Qualified

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Prev: Re: I'm back Next: RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE