Prev: Re: [OT] Maple Leaf UP! was: Happy Canada Day! Next: Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 08:53:30 +0200
Subject: Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

----- Original Message -----
From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>

> >Normally, you use a winch to pull a vehicle onto a >transport. Even
if
the
> >vehicle is damaged, as long as it can roll.
>
> Remember, this is for a setting in which Grav and GEV vehicles are
common.
> Unless you put some sort of "landing Gear" on their undercarriage,
which
> seems impractical, then rolling them is out of the question.

Actually, I think a simple landing gear or add-on wheels is more or less
neccessity for a GEV or Grav vehicle. Otherwise, you fully have to fire
up
the engines to move the vehicle around the parking lot, in a repair shop
etc. Compare aircraft, espcially amphibians, or helicopters.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [OT] Maple Leaf UP! was: Happy Canada Day! Next: Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE