Prev: Re: [OT] Maple Leaf UP! was: Happy Canada Day! Next: Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

Re: [OT] Maple Leaf UP! was: Happy Canada Day!

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:03:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Maple Leaf UP! was: Happy Canada Day!

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 11:32 AM -0400 7/1/04, John C. Malis wrote:
> >I didn't find this post humorous at all but rather alienating. I
> would
> >request, Brian, that you keep your particular brand of political
> smegma on
> >your own web page an off of this mail list. If not for game sake
> then do it
> >for bandwidth sake. I use this list to learn how to play Full Thrust
> and
> >have my newbie questions answered, not to be forced to look a your
> nether
> >regions.
>
> I was a bit non-plussed by it as well. Subtle
> details of decency just don't seem to make an
> impression on some people. Tropical Marxist
> Paradise my ass.

I think best expressed as:

"Look, folks.  This has thread the potential to degrade into a	nasty
flame war.  As much as I believe in the free flow of ideas and healthy
political debate, I don't think that this is the place to do it.  I've
seen friendships break up over this...and I hate to see it happen
here."

 - Mark A. Siefert

http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200312/msg00422.html

Prev: Re: [OT] Maple Leaf UP! was: Happy Canada Day! Next: Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE