Prev: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces Next: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

Re: UNSC Ship costing

From: "Star Ranger" <dean@s...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:59:35 -0500
Subject: Re: UNSC Ship costing

> I just altered the Sol class SDNX to fit my specifications but can't
seem
> work out the points, well I think I can't anyway, but then I can't get
the
> Sol class cost to match that on the SSD either.
>
> The SSD is at www.maljazar.co.uk/UNSC/UNSCAjax.jpg

On the SSD, you should have 3 cargo boxes as you need one for each row
of
hull.
Nice modification of the SSD image by the way.

> I started with the Sol class and modified as below:
>
> Removed the fighter bay
> Dropped the thrust to 4
> Added an extra P Torp (3 arc)
> Added 2 extra Graser 2's (1 arc)
> 75 Hull Boxes rather than 72
>
> Ajax class EXTENDED RANGE SUPERDREADNOUGHT

I get:
NPV 996
CPV 1371

I think your problem is here:
> Cargo Space 8 8 24

You have 8 cargo spaces taking up 8 mass plus costing 24.
Cargo mass does not cost beyond the mass of the ship it should be:
Cargo Space 8 8 0
(I think)

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces Next: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces