Prev: Re: UNSC Ship Names Next: Re: UNSC Ship Names

RE: UNSC Ship Names

From: "CS Renegade" <njg@c...>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:26:33 +0100
Subject: RE: UNSC Ship Names

Looking through the suggestions to date, it's hard
to spot a proper name that couldn't be construed as
another power's property. You want verbs, adverbs
and adjectives as names.

For example, take C J Cherryh's Union ship names;
Unity, Amity, Liberty, Defiance... <googles>

Folks, we've done this before. Check the thread
"UN Ship Nomenclature" from the GZG archives at
http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg

On an irreverant note, let me throw in some
suggestions to get the detractors of the modern-
day UN posting:

UNS Ceasefire
UNS Green Line
UNS Compromise
UNS Peace Treaty
UNS Boondoggle
UNS Cultural Committee

and especially for the NY crew:

UNS Parking Ticket

Finally, on a more serious note I don't see the
obvious suggestion UNS Hammarskjold posted. See
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/ [wraps]
stories/september/18/newsid_3790000/3790079.stm

Prev: Re: UNSC Ship Names Next: Re: UNSC Ship Names