Prev: RE: (FT) I give, Steve wins Next: Re: (FT) I give, Steve wins

Re: Traveller FT/DS/SG

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:59:55 +0000
Subject: Re: Traveller FT/DS/SG

David Rodemaker wrote:

> The only one that I haven't really examined was SG, so what have
people
> done?

I started doing a Traveller conversion for SG2 years ago. The variant is
on my web site. Tom Barclay looked at it and he was going to do a better
and more complete version, with that posted on stargrunt.ca. My
understanding is that it's not there yet.

I think the biggest problem you'll face with SG2 Traveller is that the
FMA system doesn't give you a very big span of dice values in which to
fit all of the tech levels.

To be honest, if I was truly serious about playing Traveller style
games, I'd try to get hold of the original Striker rules, or perhaps
wait to see what Striker 3 looks like (assuming it's not just a variant
on Striker 2).

--
Allan Goodall

agoodall@att.net
agoodall@hyperbear.com
http://www.hyperbear.com

Prev: RE: (FT) I give, Steve wins Next: Re: (FT) I give, Steve wins