Prev: Re: Missiles was Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: Re: [FT] Ship Pics

Re: [OT] Vietnam and modern combat

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 08:58:30 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Vietnam and modern combat

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 04:30:39PM -0500, warbeads@juno.com wrote:

[ESU]

>Or Both.  When Communists can be capitalists anything is possible.
>Remember that not 'Being active' could get you as court-martial'ed (is
>that a verb?) as 'irresponsible adventurism' - and just as dead.

It's a very simple procedure.

		   You won	       You lost
You did nothing    "Sensible caution"  "Insufficient initiative"
You did something  "Active tactics"    "Irresponsible adventurism'

Some would say that this principle applies, though usually with fewer
executions, throughout the GZGVerse and indeed throughout human history.

>I think the fine gradation between NSL and FSE is pragmatically minute
>and more a game device.

How much time have you spent in Europe? There is a _huge_ cultural gulf
between "northern" and "southern" Europeans, and while it isn't quite as
cleanly along national borders as the NSL/FSE depicts, it should
certainly not be ignored.

Roger

Prev: Re: Missiles was Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: Re: [FT] Ship Pics