Prev: RE: Vietnam and modern combat Next: J.U.M.P. For Full Thrust Players

Re: Long winded comment Re: Vietnam and modern combat

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:10:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Long winded comment Re: Vietnam and modern combat

At 7:10 PM -0700 4/26/04, John Atkinson wrote:

>Everywhere I go on the internet since I got back
>Angles and Anglophiles keep nattering on about how the
>Brits are just overwhelmed with luv for our little
>brown brethren and go play soccer with the kiddies and
>don't wear armor and la-la-la-la-la-la.

It's their way when they can. Believe me, they'll
crack skulls if they have to. Look at Aden,
Jerusalem and Belfast in several bits of time.
The Parachute Brigade got positively irate
following the murder of some of their chaps back
in the late 40's in what is NOW Israel. They're
just handling things the way it needs to be.
Note, we're hearing about fighting in two areas.
Najaf and Fallujah, with some IEDs in Bagdad.
Everwhere else is nice and peaceful from what
I've not seen in the news.

The south areas are just more peaceful and more
inclined to be friendly with the liberators
because they have more of a Clue. I'll bet your
the Green Beanies that were running around in the
Kurdish areas were able to let their hair down
more often than not too.

The Shia's that are botching things up are a tiny
percentage from what I've heard.

>It gets a little wearing.  I apologize for reacting
>quite as bluntly as I did.  But the simple fact is
>that there is probably more difference between the
>Shia areas and Sunni areas than there was between
>Massachussetts and Ontario in 1776.

Hey, we tried to liberate the Canadians from George too!

John, you're not related to George S. Patton on your Mother's side are
you?

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: RE: Vietnam and modern combat Next: J.U.M.P. For Full Thrust Players