Prev: Re: DSII free pdf!!! :-) Next: Re: DSII free pdf!!! :-)

RE: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:57:18 -0600
Subject: RE: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question

For small, thin gaps try Milliput (green) or one of the other "modeling"
two-part epoxy putties.  Moderately expensive (here it's about $9.00 for
a 12" x1" strip)

For larger, or bulk filling you might try the auto store for Automotive
Epoxy (the brand name here is Bondo) which is about $16.00 per gallon.

Cheap, but much less durable is wall spackling paste (about $6.00 per
quart) it does have a tendency to chip or crack if dropped.

For very thin gaps you can try sand or other small dry filler then
filling the remainder with any thick 2-part epoxy gel (5-minute epoxy
works well - mix it, let it stand about 2 1/2 minutes then apply
quickly). This method does not work as well on gaps that have open ends
since the epoxy tends to run out.

The epoxies have the advantage that they will bond the parts together in
addition to filling the gap.

Remember to lightly sand the parts that the epoxy will adhere too to
give it a good rough surface to grab on to.

--Binhan