Prev: FT:ship stats for Weber/White books?? Next: [FT] Starfire to FT? was Re: FT:ship stats for Weber/White books??

Re: Re: Bases

From: <apter@b...>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 11:25:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: Bases

I was Playing with a few space base ideas and looking at attack modes
and counters.  It seems nova cannon, missiles, fighters; long ranged
beams are effective against bases while a base must have a mix of close
in or stand off weapons.  The Grasser has some potential as a stand off
weapon as do beam 5 and 6 while nova cannon are more effective in a
support ship.  The use of in system (non Ftl escorts) makes some sense
in such scenarios but you would normally think of small police custom
boats not monitors. What is your Idea...

Andy
http://www.msnusers.com/ConfusionCentral411/_whatsnew.msnw

> From: DOCAgren@aol.com
> Date: 2004/04/03 Sat AM 02:09:54 EST
> To: gzg-l@scotch.csua.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: Bases
>

> In a message dated 4/3/04 2:00:52 AM,
> owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:
>
> << From: <apter@bellsouth.net>
> Subject: Bases

> - ------=____1080966245669_3',mprfvZg
>
> A base does not pay for movement or FTL how well do the points balance
when
> attacking a base? >>
>

> It depends, are U building them as "space bases" or planetary.
>
> For Space defense Station, I build tehm just like ships, and teh can
be
> balanced by point...
>
> Of course against "fixed Space Stations" units carry missiles are nice
> have..   and	a few Long Range Guns to standoff and pound.  Even with
a thrust of
> 1 it not going far.
>
> If it a space station, I would  balance by points, planetary or
Orbital Moons