Prev: Re: [SGII] Alien seed Next: Re: [SGII] Alien seed

Re: FT---boom-and-zoom tactics

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:14:01 +0100
Subject: Re: FT---boom-and-zoom tactics

Glen Bailey wrote:

> >I've used cm MU with Monday Knight Production's
> >Terran "Super-Galactic Dreadnoughts" without
> >any problem <shrug>
>
>I can't conceive of not having problems unless your ships
>never got within 3" of each other (sorry, 7.5 cm).

The closest firing range in those games was 1.25mu, which with 1 mu = 1
cm
is identical to the distance from the centre of a GZG plastic hex base
its edge :-/ And yes, it was one of the SGDs that was the target of that
salvo.

As Allan said, the main trick I use is to have flight stands of
different
heights so smaller models can fit under the larger ones. Most of my
models
also have quite heavy coatings of protective varnish so the paint
doesn't
chip when the models bump into one another or fat-fingered players lift
them by the hull instead of by the flight stand. Of course it is also a
matter of familiarity; it does takes a few games to overcome your
preconceptions <g>

The point about fragile SFB metal models is well taken. That's why I
don't
use SFB models at all nowadays - some of them I can't even assemble
securely enough to paint (can't use superglue due to allergy...), much
less
use in games :-(

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [SGII] Alien seed Next: Re: [SGII] Alien seed