Prev: Re: [SGII] Alien seed Next: RE: [SGII] Alien seed

Re: FT---boom-and-zoom tactics

From: <bail9672@b...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:03:46 -0500
Subject: Re: FT---boom-and-zoom tactics

>How can players manage to keep ships
>on-table at high Thrust? Seems mine are
>always going off the table in Cinematic--
>since I play solo perhaps I am doing
>something wrong?
>
>Mark Drake

We adjust the miniatures' location to keep them
in the playing area and sit dice next to them on
how far away they actually are.  Some minor
deviations to their actual position probably occur,
but not enough to matter when out of weapon ranges.

We played a game the other night using 1/2" MU.
When the miniatures got close they started getting
too close.  And with SFB miniatures having lots
of glued on do-hickeys (i.e., warp nacelles,
drone arms) it makes this person a little bit
touchy because they are my miniatures and
those do-hickeys are a ...royal pain... to
get reattached.  A couple of my Klingon
miniatures are now forever missing warp nacelles
(the B-10 in particular).

The 1/2" or cm MU is a neat idea, but the miniatures
need to be tiny.  It is difficult  to use 1" MU for those
non-Fleet Action B5 miniatures as many are even
larger than the SFB ones; you almost need to use
2" MU for those.  Then there's the Galactic Knights
SDNs.  We have two in the store, I'm guessing
each are about 5-6" long.  Playing on the floor
would be better, but us older folks have a much
harder time with that (also, I wouldn't want to
play on the floor of a game store; no matter
if it gets vacuumed every night...dang pig-sty-
raised gamers  :D ).

Glen

Prev: Re: [SGII] Alien seed Next: RE: [SGII] Alien seed