Prev: Re: Grasers was Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: RE: Grasers was Re: UNSC beta and FB3

RE: [FT] seeking Salvo Missile advice

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 00:32:37 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] seeking Salvo Missile advice

G'day,

> PS: Beth, from your question, I get the impression that you set up
with
> opposing ships facing each other starting from opposite table edges.
> This would probably give dramatically differing results from what we
> got since we use converging-course engagements rather than
> reciprocal-course or intercepting-course engagements.

We usually set up on opposite table edges if playing 1-on-1, but its not
so clean in multiplayer games, where people can start all over the
place. Under vector and the simple "vector missile" version of add
firing ship vector you can still see "fire from range and break off"
even when going in the same direction (e.g. chasing an opponent), though
it is most extremem when in a "start from opposite sides" game. We'll
have to try and give your stuff a go in the near future though to see
how it goes in vector.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: Grasers was Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: RE: Grasers was Re: UNSC beta and FB3