Prev: Re: Boo! Next: Re: Boo!

Graser beam observations

From: <bail9672@b...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:47:39 -0500
Subject: Graser beam observations

Finally got to test out the graser beams.  The general consensus is
that
they are too strong.  But, this is in regard to us using lots of
class-1
Grasers with 6 arcs.  IMO, the mass is too small, its the same as a
SMR (mass 4) and someone made the claim that it was like having an
unlimited supply of missiles.  The mass of a 6-arc class-1 Graser
should
probably be 5.	I had a mass-244 ship with 6 SMRs and lots of beams.
I swapped out the 6 SMRs for 6-arc class-1 Grasers and toasted
ships with them.

I also tried out a 1-arc class-1 Graser strike boat, mass at 7,
costing 30
(main drive was advanced).  I got 33 for 1000 points, lost 7 and
destroyed a dreadnought-sized ship.  Steve had made a similar one
costing 49 that had a 6-arc class-1 Graser (and an armor).

Glen

Prev: Re: Boo! Next: Re: Boo!