Prev: Re: Stealth and Fighters Next: RE: Boo!

Re: [SG] 15mm based Re: (GZG) Figure base

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:04:15 +0000
Subject: Re: [SG] 15mm based Re: (GZG) Figure base

The Beast wrote:

> If you're worried about dumping them out, but doesn't the magnet at
least
> keep them from shifting if the box is bumped?

It depends on the strength of the magnet and the surface area of the
washer. I made the mistake of transferring my 15mm Traveller figures
down here in boxes with magnets holding them into the box. As a result,
I have a lot of repainting to do...

As for shifting them from the occasional bump, I have a lot of my
figures in tables with shallow shelves. The tables are Pier 1 end
tables, two of which back-to-back form a coffee table. They get bumped a
little bit, and the 15mm WW2 figures stay more or less upright, but some
of them have been jostled around. The 15mm Traveller figures haven't had
that problem, but they have bigger bases. Likewise my 25mm figures
haven't had a problem at all.

I'm coming to the conclusion that for 25mm figures, fender washers and
magnets to hold them in place work very well. Likewise, my 15mm Civil
War figures mounted three to a metal base work well. For individually
mounted figures, they don't work as well for 15mm.

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Stealth and Fighters Next: RE: Boo!