Prev: My thoughts on Fighters Next: Re: UNSC beta and FB3

RE: My thoughts on Fighters

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:21:20 -0700
Subject: RE: My thoughts on Fighters

Yes and no.  In theory the additional shields that Capitals field should
make them harder to kill than an equivalent massed Merchant.  The
problem is that shields are limited to level 2 and there is currently no
real reason to take more than 2 (i.e. back-up generators) since it is
cost and mass prohibitive, so Capital ship defense plateaus off while
fighters can just keep stacking it on.

This doesn't address weapon systems that ignore shields.

--Binhan