Prev: RE: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers

Re: Fighters and Hangers

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:37:46 +0100
Subject: Re: Fighters and Hangers

Jared Hilal wrote:

> >>These were the numbers that we have used without anyone trying to
> >>"break" it.
> >
> >I suspected as much. The problem is that this kind of design systems
> >give the munchkins too many variables to play with; it is extremely
> >difficult to keep them all balanced - and the munchkins will very
> >quickly find the ones which aren't.
>
>Well, as a customer of GZG, here is the bottom line of my input:
>My group dislikes the basic FT treatment of fighter bays.

So go on using the house rule design system you like! Your group doesn't

seem to include any munchkins, so the imbalances shouldn't cause you any

major problems.

However, not all gaming groups are that lucky, and we have to write the
official rules such that those less lucky groups can use them as well.
Unless we can work out a flexible yet reasonably munchkin-proof carrier
design system it won't become official; and having spent several years
trying to create such a system for StarFire (which treats fighter and
small
craft bays in essentially the same way as Full Thrust does) without
succeeding - none of the systems I and the others in the Starfire Design

Studio came up with lasted more than two days of destruct-testing by the

on-line StarFire community - I'm afraid I don't have any great hopes to
succeed in Full Thrust either.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers