Prev: Re: Thanks for answers.... Next: Re: [OT] Dirty ol' men Re: The ECC VII Quote Board

[SG2] Bugs Don't Surf: Phalons - Public Beta Test

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:08:16 -0600
Subject: [SG2] Bugs Don't Surf: Phalons - Public Beta Test

There's been a lot of Full Thrust activity lately, what with the beta
test release of the UNSC ships and weapon systems, and the proposed
fighter changes. To this, I say, "Why should the vacc heads have all
the fun?"

So, with Jon's approval, I have posted some new material for
Stargrunt II. On my web site you'll find the public beta test
material for the Phalons. This information will soon be mirrored on
the GZG store website. For now you can find on the HyperBear SG2
pages. Here is the direct link:

http://home.att.net/~agoodall/sg2/sg2-bds.html

There are four files, but you only have to download one file. They
are in Rich Text Format and Adobe Acrobat format, one file of each
for 8.5" by 11" paper and one file each for A4 paper. Pick the file
that best suits you.

Make sure to read the "Disclaimer and Warning" section at the
beginning of the document. These rules are in "beta test" format. In
other words, they are not necessarily what will eventually appear in
_Bugs Don't Surf_, the long anticipated SG2 supplement. Jon could
completely supplant every word in the document. These are beta test
rules, and they could turn out to have serious balance problems
(though so far the playtesting has been very positive). They are
released so that we can get some more playtesting from a wider
audience, and so that the gropos will have some "new toys" to play
with, too!

I'm not going to pretend that we could limit discussion on the
various mailing lists, but if you have any comments -- positive or
negative (just try to keep them constructive) -- or questions, please
contact me at agoodall@hyperbear.com.

I think you will find the Phalons to be an interesting race to play
and play against. They have some strengths and some weaknesses which
may cause you to rethink your strategy. I'm particularly interested
in hearing about how they "feel" in your games.

--

Allan Goodall		     agoodall@hyperbear.com
http://www.hyperbear.com

"At long last, the earthy soil of the typical, unimaginable mortician
was revealed!" - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:
http://www.darkicon.com/Library/randsent.htm

Prev: Re: Thanks for answers.... Next: Re: [OT] Dirty ol' men Re: The ECC VII Quote Board