Prev: RE: [FT] Test List BETA of Fighter Revisions (LONG) Next: Re: SG2 ] Points System

Re: SG2 ] Points System

From: kevinbalentine@v...
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 10:18:18 -0600
Subject: Re: SG2 ] Points System

On 8 Mar 2004 at 16:03, agoodall@att.net wrote:

> The one problem I see with this point system, and I think Chris' has a
similar issue,
> is that you pay the cost per figure. There's no cost for a squad. In
other words, a >
squad  is a "figure container" and should have a cost associated with
it.

I just looked through and saw that this wasn't in the notes I posted. We
handle this by
charging points for "command levels." For every unit a commander can
pass actions
on to, it costs 10 points. A platoon leader of a four-squad platoon
costs an added 30
points, because he can give orders to three squads (assuming he's in one
of the
squads, he can't give orders to his own squad).

That is a built in point structure for the squads, an extra 10 points
per or there about.
That way if someone wants to run around with a platoon that has 8 squads
of 4 men
instead of 4 squads of 8 men, he can do it, but giving orders will be 70
points instead
of 30 points.

Prev: RE: [FT] Test List BETA of Fighter Revisions (LONG) Next: Re: SG2 ] Points System